CONFERENCE ORGANISER – Wellington
Professional Conference Organisers - Conferences & Events Ltd is recruiting for a Conference Co-ordinator or a Conference Manager, based in Wellington – ‘the coolest little capital’.
C&E have been leaders in the conference organising sector in New Zealand since 1991. We are based in Willis Street in central Wellington.
We are looking for someone with at least 3 years experience in our sector, with experience running conferences from concept to reconciliation.
The Person we are looking for:
Someone seeking to extend their career as a PCO. You will relish a challenge and thrive in a busy team environment.
In addition to 3 years PCO experience - to succeed and enjoy this role you need to have the following skills and traits:
- A proactive ‘can do’ personality
- Naturally sees the big picture and attends to minutiae
- Be skilled at looking after client relationships
- Have well developed negotiation skills
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Enjoy and contribute to working in a small teams
- Social media expertise would be a big plus
About our culture:
- We encourage and support professional and personal development.
- We have fantastic clients, some of whom we’ve worked with for many years.
- We work collaboratively and support you to develop areas of interest and ideas that will contribute to our company.
- We’re a tight team who enjoy working together to ensure conferences are delivered to high standards that everyone is very proud of.
For information on this position and a job description, please contact Janet on 04 384 1511.
Village Accommodation Group - Wellington City
Village Accommodation Group - Wellington City - Wellington
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join our team in a part-time position (20 hours per week) and help drive business for our conference centre.
We are looking for a dynamic Business Development Executive to drive the growth of AREA Meetings and Events by selling, creating awareness and promoting our meeting space, located in Boulcott Suites North Tower in central Wellington. You will be driven, focused and bring the right attitude and hunter mentality to the role. Specifically, your core responsibilities will include:
Identify key areas of growth and revenue opportunity through prospecting, cold calling, networking events and targeting key accounts
- Meeting and reporting on monthly sales and revenue targets
- Conducting site inspections of AREA
- Working with our partners and attending meeting related exhibitions
- Working in conjunction with the Meetings and Events Co-ordinator and Village Sales team to help drive and gain new business to AREA
You'll have impressive sales and networking skills, with the ability to secure new business through cold calling and face-to-face meetings. In addition, you will need:
- Proven ability to meet sales targets
- Excellent relationship skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong self-management and organisational skills
- Experience in the conferencing, meetings and events market
What can we offer?
- To be part of a sales team with drive and the want to succeed
- The opportunity to be part of the growth of one of the newest conference centres in Wellington
- Ongoing personal development as part of Village Accommodation Group
NZME Event Manager
Have you got the vision, foresight and management skills to support the creation of show stopping events from concept through implementation? Are you a dab hand at organising, anticipating the unexpected and pulling everything together in spectacular form whilst building and maintaining excellent relationships? If so here’s your opportunity to operationalise and produce our diverse portfolio of events through consistently delivering exceptional, highly engaging events for key audiences to deliver YOY growth for the category.
With a minimum of five years’ experience across a wide range of events including conferences and incentives, we expect you’ll be across managing operational plans, timelines & calendars, budgets and reporting from an events perspective. However, it’s your positive, can-do, roll your sleeves up and get into it attitude that we’re really after. Thinking outside the square, innovating, challenging the status quo – all the while viewing roadblocks as opportunities, holding a smile and striking up a relationships with all walks of life is key.
Conference Coordinator - Part-time contracts
Conference Coordinator - Part-time contracts
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Conference Coordinator to join the Event Services Team at the University of Auckland, and take responsibility for the delivery of mainly academic conferences held on campus.
You will need to hit the ground running and be able to multi-task and work confidently under pressure. You’ll need to use your initiative, and work both independently as well as with conference committees. The hours are flexible and may be undertaken remotely (apart from some meetings, site visits and the conferences themselves). A minimum of 2-3 years in conference management is required and experience using Events Air and WordPress preferred.
This role would suit a go getter with excellent communication skills, effective time management, and sound experience in managing budgets and volunteers! Experience working within a tertiary institution would be an advantage. You must have time in November and December as that is our busiest conference season. The position will be open until we find the right candidate!
Applications can be sent to: Christine McGonigal
Event Services Manager
DDI: (09) 923 9441| 027 838 9394