Jacqui Lloyd, general manager for Destination Marlborough, says the win is a result of two years hard work by Business Events Marlborough and a number of Marlborough operators showing a genuine Team Marlborough effort.‘Business Events Marlborough has been well supported by the Marlborough industry in preparing this winning conference bid,’ she says. Lloyd says organisers were impressed with the overall regional offering from the range of accommodation, venues, trade spaces and gala dinner venue options. The conference will be held across multiple venues including ASB Theatre, Marlborough Convention Centre and Clubs of Marlborough, and delegates will stay at a range of accommodation providers across the region. Since the inception of the full time Business Development role in August 2016, Business Events Marlborough has been successful in bidding and attracting six multi-day conferences to Marlborough for the 2017/2018 shoulder and winter seasons. The conferences will bring an estimated total of 1650 delegates to the region and are worth an estimated economic value of $1.42million dollars.
The conferences are:
- New Zealand Bar Association, September 2017 - 250 delegates
- Medical Conference, April 2018 - 150 delegates
- Lawlink Conference - May 2018 - 150 delegates
- Apiculture NZ Conference and Trade Exhibition, July 2018 - 600 delegates
- National Association Conference, September 2018 - 250 delegates
- National Conference, October 2018 - 250 delegates