Business Development & Marketing Manager
Queenstown Convention Bureau
Business Development & Marketing Manager
This is a unique opportunity to promote Queenstown’s proposition for Business Events and shape global marketing strategy for Queenstown Convention Bureau (QCB) and Destination Queenstown’s Travel Trade Marketing.
The Queenstown Convention Bureau (QCB) is part of Destination Queenstown (DQ) and offers dedicated advice for conference, incentive or event planners to deliver a successful Business Event in Queenstown.
Working within a high performing, passionate team and reporting to the business development director, this is a full time position based in Queenstown, for an experienced business events professional with sales and marketing experience.
Responsibilities cover two key areas:
- Identifying opportunities in the domestic market to raise the profile of Queenstown as a vibrant conference and incentive destination
- Advising the marketing approach for both our business event and international trade marketing channels. This includes developing new content, collateral, website, communications and campaign work.
Sales, presentations, reporting, domestic and international travel and flexible hours are part of this role.
To apply, find out more information or request a copy of the position description, please contact:
Applications close Friday, September 10th, 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Events digital, data and engagement coordinator
If you’re interested to start a great career as a professional conference and event organiser read on … your days will involve keeping track of multiple projects, database management and communications, social engagement, using digital tools to build online forms, websites, apps and deliver virtual conferences and events.
A familiarity with basic Web design is a plus, and a willingness to learn new software and systems is a must.
Great written and oral communication skills are essential. On the job training and mentoring will be provided. Based in our Wellington office, you will travel with the team throughout New Zealand delivering events and engaging with attendees to see your events through from go to whoa.
If you can multi task, have a keen eye for administrative detail and enjoy engaging with and helping people – please contact us with a letter and cv.
Venue Liaison - TW Events & Incentives
Planning and executing exceptional events for your clients is your passion. Your standards are high and your attention to detail is sublime. It goes without saying it's hard work that has shaped your successful career so far. You are driven by your desire to deliver memorable events, in world-class settings.
We are TW Events & Incentives. Launched as a standalone business within the wider southern tourism hub Transport World in 2019, TW Events & Incentives has fast established a reputation as an industry leader. Our venues (Bill Richardson Transport World and Classic Motorcycle Mecca) are renowned Invercargill destinations. Packed with plenty of atmosphere, we strive to deliver events that consistently wow our clients.
We are incredibly proud of the vibrant culture we have created within our organisation, and each valued member of our team is dedicated to delivering the best. So, what can you expect if you join us?
You'll be part of a small, tight-knit team
An atmosphere that fosters a culture of delivering WOW experiences for our valued clients
A permanent, full-time role and competitive remuneration
Much more than planning, delivering and monitoring the minutiae of logistics: you'll be encouraged to demonstrate your creative flair, showcasing your managerial skills in liaising with myriad service providers and suppliers, and confidently deepening long-lasting client relationships.
You will act as an ambassador of the organisation and showcase your keen eye in creating purchase orders, record keeping and monitoring budgets. You will dazzle your clients with your people skills, initiative and self-drive.
This role will suit you if you can demonstrate 2+ years of event liaison experience, ideally within the events and hospitality industry. You are tech-savvy and know your way around MS Office 365. And it's important that you are flexible to work early mornings, evenings and weekends. It goes without saying that you are fit and healthy to build, move and lift event props and equipment.
Sounds like you? Apply today.
To apply for this job go to: https://hwcareers.co.nz/Vacancies
Reference Code: 5559833
Applications close 21 July 2021
Conference Manager - Wellington
Professional Conference Organisers - Conferences & Events Ltd is recruiting for a Conference
Manager, based in Wellington or possible option to work remotely.
C&E have been leaders in the conference organising sector in New Zealand since 1990. We are based in Willis Street in central Wellington. The Person we are looking for will be someone who has a proven career track record with a minimum of 3+ years experience in a PCO management role.
Your role will require you to:
· Work closely with different clients working in various industries to understand their desired outcomes, and ensure the vision for their conference is achieved.
· Take the lead on all aspects of organising multi faceted conferences and events; in person, virtual and hybrid.
· Have exceptional communication skills and be skilled in facilitating and developing relationships.
· Have well developed project management skills, which will include financial/budgeting, marketing, research and technical abilities.
· Regular travel to plan and deliver meetings and events.
To succeed and enjoy this role you need to have the following skills and traits:
· A curious and proactive ‘can do’ personality and be keen to grow professionally
· Have an understanding of, and be interested in working with our team to develop our online offerings in the hybrid and virtual environment.
· Love a challenge and not be intimidated working in moments of high pressure
· Be up to speed and plugged into social media marketing and business engagement
· Innovative and creative thinker
· Have the ability to engage and communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
· You will be working alongside and supported by an experienced group of professionals and be part of a small team environment – so you’ll want to get involved and fully participate
· Experience of working with 'EventsAir' event management software desirable.
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them. Applications will close when we have found the right person.
Applicants must already have New Zealand residency.
Manager, Global Accounts - Helmsbriscoe
Manager, Global Accounts - Hospitality Sales Experience a Major Advantage
Auckland, Wellington & Christchurch
HelmsBriscoe is expanding its presence in Australasia and are looking for multiple people to join our growing team in New Zealand. This is an ideal opportunity for professionals who have hotel meeting planning or sales experience, are looking for a change and who would prefer to work for themselves.
HelmsBriscoe offers full training and support and our business coaches will help you to develop your own portfolio of clients. Your clients can be located in New Zealand or anywhere else in the world and can include any individual company or organisation booking a hotel or meeting/event space and/or accommodation for a group of 10+ people.
As a HelmsBrsicoe Associate, you would:
1. Consult with each client to understand their meeting/event needs and priorities
2. Research, select and present the most suitable hotels/venues
3. Support the client in their decision-making-process
4. Negotiate the best rates and conditions with the preferred hotel/venue
5. Review the contract with the client
The ideal candidate enjoys proactive sales, is a great networker and excellent at building and maintaining long term relationships with clients and venues.
Each HelmsBriscoe Associate provides a personalised service to their clients, supported by the largest venue sourcing company in the world contributing more than USD$10 billion to the industry in the past 5 years alone.
We do not charge a fee to join our organisation and you will be self-employed as an independent contractor. If you are thinking of setting up your own business, or are already self-employed, then you may wish to consider becoming a part of a global team of 1,400+ HelmsBriscoe Associates in 55 countries. This is a flexible full time home-based business opportunity and can be tailored to meet your personal needs. It's the ideal business with which to create the perfect work-life balance and for those wishing to spend precious time with their families. You will be paid a commission by HelmsBriscoe based on your sales performance (no salary) and there is unlimited earning potential.
or +61 400933005
- Find a job with Hospojobs